- a dangerous to health; characterized by progressive and uncontrolled growth (especially of a tumor)
- The senator's seizure is diagnosed as a malignant tumor.
- However, preliminary results from a biopsy of the brain identified the cause of the seizure as a malignant glioma in the left parietal lobe.
- Few doctors would even have tried to remove the malignant growth, located in her right frontal lobe, that had already taken over one-sixth of her cranium, pushing her brain down .
News & Articles
- Xgeva Approved for Rare, Non-Malignant Tumor
Title: Xgeva Approved for Rare, Non-Malignant Tumor Category: Health News Created: 6/13/2013 2:35:00 PM Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 15, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- As Cancer Deaths Fall, Malignant-Melanoma Rates Climb (Op-Ed)
Dr. Doris Day, a dermatologist at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, contributed this article to LiveScience's Expert Voices: Op-Ed & Insights. The American Cancer Society reports that death rates for many cancers in the United States have fallen — but that's not the case for melanoma. In fact, the numbers are only getting worse: One person dies from malignant melanoma every hour in the U.S. With ...
June 13, 2013 - LiveScience.com via Yahoo! News
- Malignant Hyperthermia Education Important to Florida Medical Professionals
Orlando Health, the Florida Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses, and the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists took a moment to comment on a conference they are co-sponsoring with the Malignant Hyperthermia Association of the United States in Orlando on June 29.
June 10, 2013 - Newswise
- President Bush in Washington Post
In his speech, Bush argued that "free people are not drawn to violent and malignant ideologies -- and most will choose a better way when they are given a chance."
- Bryant Gumbel in Zimbio
They opened up my chest,Gumbel explained to the studio audience, "they took a malignant tumor and they took part of my lung and some other goodies."
- David Paterson in FOXNews
...a Democrat who is New York's first black governor, told delegates at the civil rights organization's national convention that the cover that hit newsstands Monday is "one of the most malignant, vicious covers of a magazine I have ever...