malay : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of a people inhabiting the northern Malay Peninsula and Malaysia and parts of the western Malay Archipelago
- n a western subfamily of Western Malayo-Polynesian languages
- a of or relating to or characteristic of the people or language of Malaysia and the northern Malay Peninsula and parts of the western Malay Archipelago
- Noordin Mohammed Top in AFP
Noordin, 41, calls himself leader of "Al-Qaeda in the Malay Archipelago", a splinter group of the Jemaah Islamiyah (JI) terror network blamed for the Bali attacks.
- Muhyiddin Yassin in The Sun Daily
Clearly irked by the opposition leader's challenge, Muhyiddin responded in a spirited manner: "I am Malay first! But being Malay does not mean you are not Malaysian. It is not a race issue. It's an understanding of the term gagasan (idea). I don't...
- Anwar Ibrahim in International Herald Tribune
I think it's a test of who protects the Malay interests the most, to which party will they entrust the political future,said Ibrahim.