- n a primary subtractive color for light; a dark purple-red color; the dye for magenta was discovered in 1859, the year of the battle of Magenta
- n a battle in 1859 in which the French and Sardinian forces under Napoleon III defeated the Austrians under Francis Joseph I
- s of deep purplish red
- The 540 prints individual 4x6 sheets by laying color in four passes one each for cyan, magenta, yellow and black.
- On the steep slopes of central Kosovo, a magenta KIA 4x4 slows to a crawl amid the cheers of running children.
- Similarly, yellow and magenta make red.
News & Articles
- New American-made Portland Streetcar begins service
The second Portland Streetcar produced by United Streetcar in Clackamas County officially went into service Tuesday morning. It will be hard to miss — one side is painted yellow and the other side is painted magenta. A third streetcar, delivered in April could begin service next week after certification testing. And the final three streetcars ordered by the city should be delivered in the ...
June 12, 2013 - Portland Tribune
- Superstitions help pass time
Magenta rules on green courses
June 9, 2013 - The Youngstown Vindicator
- Jeff Koons in Reuters
On Monday Christie's expects Bacon's "Three Studies for Self-Portrait" to earn more than 10 million pounds, and a Jeff Koons sculpture called "Balloon Flower (Magenta)" to make about 12 million pounds.
- Quentin Willson in Forbes
If you look at it from the back, it's got a pinched waist and thin little tires, and it looks like a woman sashaying along in high heels,Willson says. "The front headlights are like the magenta-bladed fingers of a woman--they're in the...
- Martin Scorsese in USA Today
It's a picture I've been trying to see in a good print since 1971,Scorsese says. "It has haunted me ever since I saw this film over the years in 16mm or on videotapes, always in a magenta print, actually. I'm very excited it has been...