- s moderately warm
he hates lukewarm coffee
- s feeling or showing little interest or enthusiasm
gave only lukewarm support to the candidate
- Concerning the big questions, the Bible advises us to be hot or cold but not lukewarm.
- Traditional, left-leaning Labor voters are generally lukewarm about Rudd and his softly-softly approach, but hope he'll fire up once in power.
- If a date was dull or lukewarm, the editors would juice the footage by running scenes out of order or out of context.
News & Articles
- Harvard Geneticists React to Supreme Court’s Gene Patent Ruling
While many in the scientific community lauded the Supreme Court’s ruling that naturally occurring human genes may not be patented, several geneticists at Harvard Medical School on Friday said they believe the decision warrants a more lukewarm response.
June 15, 2013 - The Harvard Crimson
- Fall Out Boy cling to their core
AUSTIN, Texas – Fall Out Boy , the popular mid-2000s band with punk roots who became synonymous with the term emo, have hit the road for the first time in almost four years in support of their new record, “Save Rock and Roll.” After releasing “Folie à Deux” in 2008 to lukewarm response from fans, who booed songs played from the ill-fated record, and after taking a necessary extended hiatus, it ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Don’t expect much from Jets' offense
According to New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan, his wide receivers could barely catch a cold in this week’s minicamp. Is anyone surprised by this revelation? Ryan is coming to the realization of what most people outside the Jets already knew: the offense is a train wreck. There are too many holes on that side of the football. The quarterback competition has been lukewarm at best, there are off ...
June 13, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Condoleezza Rice in Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
Illustrating how attitudes have changed, Rice said that when Bush attended his first NATO summit in 2001 "perhaps only two allies gave even lukewarm support for the notion of missile defense."
- Irene Khan in Fars News Agency
From Gaza to Darfur and from eastern DRC to northern Sri Lanka, the human toll of conflict has been horrendous, and the lukewarm response of the international community shocking,said Amnesty's Secretary General Irene Khan, in summing up last...
- Oleg Gordievsky in Independent Online
Litvinenko believed "the water from the kettle was only lukewarm and that the polonium 210 was added, which heated the drink through radiation so he had a hot cup of tea. The poison would have showed up in a cold drink", Gordievsky said.