lowercase : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the characters that were once kept in bottom half of a compositor's type case
- a relating to small (not capitalized) letters that were kept in the lower half of a compositor's type case; a and b and c etc"
- You can enter your search term(s) using capital, lowercase, or mixed-case letters.
- At Centro Vinoteca, the New York City restaurant where she is executive chef, Burrell uses all lowercase letters in a basic Garamond font.
- But to really know what The Wire is you have to know what the wire, lowercase, is.
News & Articles
- U.S. Navy Approves Use Of Lowercase Letters
A recent directive issued by the U.S. Navy was transmitted in the customary format, using all uppercase letters. Sailors, it said, are: "AUTHORIZED TO USE STANDARD, MIXED-CASE CHARACTERS IN THE BODY OF NAVY ORGANIZATIONAL MESSAGES." It marks the end of an era for the Navy (and the Marines). Since the early days of Morse code, which doesn't distinguish between uppercase and lowercase letters, the ...
June 14, 2013 - KERA North Texas
- Navy's new messaging system to allow lowercase letters
WASHINGTON, June 13 (UPI) -- The U.S. Navy announced its new system for official messages will bring lowercase letters into the messages for the first time.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- US Navy drops 'rude' messages
The tradition started in the 19th century, when teletype machines did not have lowercase letters.
June 13, 2013 - MSN
- Slade Gorton in Seattle Times
Gorton says the state's primary "reflected how people actually think about politics. I think that even people who identify themselves as Democrats or Republicans do so in a lowercase fashion. They very much prize the ability to choose candidates...