low-resolution : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of computer output devices; producing images that are not sharply defined
- Color Pixter, sort of a cross between a Game Boy and a low-resolution PDA, hit the toy scene a few years back.
- In our own tests, PTI's editors were able to upload a low-resolution image to a website in about a minute simply by selecting the desired image onscreen, then hitting a few more .
- As part of a New York City retrospective opening in May, he will embed solid surfaces with fiber optics, "so that an innocent white wall can show low-resolution films.
News & Articles
- What the Internet Wants to Know About GIFs
Everybody put on your low-resolution, heavily watermarked party hats, because June 15 marks the 26th anniversary of the GIF ! Image courtesy of reactiongifs.com To celebrate this grand occasion, we've gathered the top 10 GIF searches from the past 30 days on Yahoo , with the hope that the list will reveal something about Internet culture and the psychology of web users around the globe. Also, we ...
June 15, 2013 - Mashable
- Neil Young in Rolling Stone
CD quality is very low-resolution, just a step above MP3s,says Young. "That was a crime, to make that a standard for so many years."
- Paul Kalas in Scientific American
We're lucky enough to see it as a point of light, but to disperse that light and to obtain even a low-resolution spectrum seems beyond the capabilities that we have today,Kalas says.