long-handled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- Formerly applied by seamen on hands and knees, holystoning is now performed with long-handled implements, mopwise.
- Grabbing a long-handled, American-made broom, the ambassador's wife showed the sweeper how to use it so that the dust, instead of flying into the air, stayed in a tidy pile.
- The odd huts dotting the cliffs are not for shepherds but for puffin hunters who, during the six-week season, scoop up the flying birds with long-handled nets.
News & Articles
- Pippa Middleton Joins 'Vanity Fair,' Rihanna Tours Coco Chanel's Apartment, and More!
(Bauer Griffin) Pippa Middleton, who taught us the correct way to toast marshamallows in her party planning book, Celebrate , (with ‘a long-handled fork’ and ‘flames') has just signed on as Vanity Fair's newest contributing editor . Graydon Carter explains, 'We’re delighted to have Pippa as a contributor to Vanity Fair. She's a keen observer of British lifestyle pursuits and customs. She is also ...
June 6, 2013 - StyleBistro
- Bo Jackson in abc7.com
I know how to feed guys like you with a long-handled spoon,Bo says, before driving me back to my hotel. "I never let you get too close. I tell you what I want you to know, and I tell you what you want to hear."
- Mark Twain in TheHorse.com
As Mark Twain described one fateful day: "Tom appeared on the sidewalk with a bucket of whitewash and a long-handled brush. He surveyed the fence, and all gladness left him, and a deep melancholy settled down upon his spirit. Thirty yards of board...