long-distance : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or being a long-distance telephone call
a long-distance call
a long-distance transmission line
a long-distance operator
- s covering a long distance
a long-distance runner
a long-distance freight train
she ran off with a long-distance truck driver
- The FCC cuts long-distance telephone rates by $1.
- Fishy or not, the Baby Bells have outmaneuvered the long-distance carriers at nearly every turn.
- Previously offered mainly by small start-ups, VOIP has generated so much interest that long-distance giant ATT began offering it this month.
- Jacques Rogge in 940 News
Haile Gebrselassie is arguably the best long-distance runner of the present generation,Rogge said, adding however, the runner is "slightly asthmatic."
- John McCain in New York Times
This week, the presidential contest was a long-distance affair, with my opponent touring various continents and arriving yesterday in Paris,Mr. McCain said. "With all the breathless coverage from abroad, and with Senator Obama now...
- Konrad von Finckenstein in 680 News
When applied to customers who did not make any long-distance calls, the monthly fee was equivalent to an unauthorized increase to the residential local service rate,said CRTC chairman Konrad von Finckenstein. "We will use our powers...