lonesome : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s being the only one; single and isolated from others
a lonesome pine
- s marked by dejection from being alone
lonesome when her husband is away
spent a lonesome hour in the bar
- For an exercise that's all about family, researching your genealogy can be an oddly lonesome affair, filled with long hours spent sifting through records and making awkward phone .
- The husky, caressing voice murmurs: "Hello, muffin, this is your lonesome gal.
- In Band Wagon, glum and lonesome, he entered an amusement arcade and emerged 6 12 minutes later, having completed the greatest solo dance in movie history, Shine on Your Shoes.
News & Articles
- CONNECTIVITY: Bonus Segment: NHL Stanley Cup Final
Everyone is recovering from E3, so we snuck in to talk about hockey. Hey hey. There isn't a regular show this week with all the insanity that was E3, but Scott, JP, and Donald couldn't wait until next week to break down the Stanley Cup Final, so here is a Bonus Segment all on its lonesome. If you are looking for gaming podcasts for your ears this weekend, though, be sure to check out the ...
June 15, 2013 - Nintendo World Report
- An emotionally wild ‘West’
The Sonoma Theatre Alliance season continues as “The Lonesome West,” a drama by Tony-nominated playwright Martin McDonagh, opens a three-week run with shows this weekend at The Rotary Stage at Andrews Hall. The production is produced by the Narrow Way Stage Company, new to the Alliance this year, and directed by Chris Ginesi. The powerful piece is the story of two brothers (played by real-life ...
June 14, 2013 - Sonoma Valley Sun
- Sam Amidon’s lonesome leap forward
PUTNEY -- Sam Amidon’s new CD, "Bright Sunny South" is anything but bright and sunny. Lonesome, intimate and elegiac, "Bright Sunny South" takes the listener on an introspective odyssey through a spare but emotionally rich landscape.
June 13, 2013 - Brattleboro Reformer
- David Honeyboy Edwards in Minneapolis Star Tribune
Blues ain't never going anywhere,Edwards said. "It can get slow, but it ain't going nowhere. You play a lowdown dirty shame slow and lonesome, my mama dead, my papa across the sea I ain't dead but I'm just supposed to be blues. You can...
- Rod Blagojevich in Journal Gazette and Times-Courier
After proposing the GRT last year, I can tell you I now have a better appreciation for that old Hank Williams song 'I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry.' Needless to say, I'm not asking you to do that again,Blagojevich said.
- Bette Midler in Washington Post
The stage is so enormous there's a terror that you might not be able to fill it all by your lonesome, you know, a little person in high heels,Midler said recently of her upcoming long-term engagement at the Caesars Palace hotel-casino on the...