local : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n public transport consisting of a bus or train that stops at all stations or stops
the local seemed to take forever to get to New York
- n anesthetic that numbs a particular area of the body
- a relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area
- a of or belonging to or characteristic of a particular locality or neighborhood
the local citizens
a local point of view
local outbreaks of flu
a local bus line
- a affecting only a restricted part or area of the body
- Does that mean the food is better because they produce local cancers?" All of which further tangles my original question: The organic apple or the conventionally grown local one?.
- Wal-mart offers convenience and low prices, but buying locally produced goods may give you and your neighbors an even bigger payoff.
- American studios are getting smarter about selling their shows to foreign audiences, using everything from local music to entirely different local casts.
- Samuel Alito in The Associated Press
Alito noted that while fully binding on states and cities, the Second Amendment "limits (but by no means eliminates) their ability to devise solutions to social problems that suit local needs and values."
- Joe Biden in The Associated Press
This is local politics,Biden told reporters in brief remarks at the sprawling US military base west of Baghdad known as Camp Victory. "This is not a lot different than any other government."
- Fidel Castro in The South African Star
There's going to be a harmful affect on many local businesses and it's going to be painful for a lot of folks. But I promise you this, things are going to return to normal. This region that has known a lot of hardship will bounce back just like... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA CNN http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/06/14/obama.gulf.alabama/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG1bXebxaGXhLm3q9umsEBbLwn5kw Jun 14, 2010
58926 78621 locale In a message read to Latin American artists at the launch of his five-day birthday bash, Castro said: I direct myself to you, intellectuals and prestigious personalities of the world, with a dilemma. I could not meet with you in a small locale,...