- s anemic looking from illness or emotion
a face livid with shock
lips...livid with the hue of death"- Mary W. Shelley
- s (of a light) imparting a deathlike luminosity
livid lightning streaked the sky
a thousand flambeaux...turned all at once that deep gloom into a livid and preternatural day"- E.A.Poe
- s furiously angry
willful stupidity makes him absolutely livid
- s discolored by coagulation of blood beneath the skin
- The federal prosecutors who indicted Rich are especially livid, particularly because, by definition, Rich appears to be ineligible for a pardon: He never took responsibility for .
- In its natural habitat on European cliffs, the rock dove (Columba livid), with its grey coat, white rump and iridescent head and neck, is an attractive bird.
- Few other stations are playing Not Ready to Make Nice, and while it has done well on iTunes, it's quite possible that in singing about their anger at people who were already livid .
News & Articles
- Tim Duncan Was Illegally Substituted in During Game 6 of NBA Finals
The victim has become the villain. San Antonio Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich may have illegally inserted Tim Duncan in the waning seconds of the fourth quarter in Game 6 of the NBA Finals Pop was livid with the officiating crew after they stopped play to review Ray Allen's game-tying three-pointer with 5.2 seconds remaining in regulation. Pop, understandably, didn't want the Miami Heat to ...
June 19, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Simcha Felder in FOXNews
This drives people out of their minds,said Felder, a Democrat who represents sections of Brooklyn. "You have no control over it. People are livid. If I'm responsible for the cleanliness of my property I should also have the authority to...
- Robbie Williams in Tonight
Robbie wrote: "I trust you less than ever now. You have completely blown any trust I had for you by being a devious c***. If I knew my girlfriend had been on a dinner and DVD night with another man I would be livid. I'm furious thinking about...
- Tom DeLay in Washington Post
I was livid,DeLay wrote. "He had lied to cover his ambitions, betraying both his movement and his fellow leaders."