liver : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n large and complicated reddish-brown glandular organ located in the upper right portion of the abdominal cavity; secretes bile and functions in metabolism of protein and carbohydrate and fat; synthesizes substances involved in the clotting of the blood; synthesizes vitamin A; detoxifies poisonous substances and breaks down worn-out erythrocytes
- n liver of an animal used as meat
- n a person who has a special life style
a high liver
- n someone who lives in a place
a liver in cities
- s having a reddish-brown color
- As some of you know about 5 months ago I had a liver transplant, so I now have the liver of a mid-20's person who died in a car crash.
- Doctors and health officials in Asia now believe the newer compound, called N-nitroso fenfluramine, can cause liver failure.
- During the early stages of these liver changes, however, there is hope.
- Nicola Sturgeon in BBC News
Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said: "Plummeting prices and aggressive promotion have led to a surge in consumption, causing and adding to health problems ranging from liver and heart diseases to diabetes, obesity, dementia and cancers. We have...
- Steve Jobs in ABC News
As some of you know, about five months ago I had a liver transplant,Jobs said. "I now have the liver of a mid-20s person who died in a car crash and was generous enough to donate their organs, and I wouldn't be here without such...
- Bob Newhart in Los Angeles Times
She got a liver transplant on Dec. 28 at UCLA,Newhart says with a smile, his voice filling with emotion. "She is doing incredibly. That puts everything in perspective."