- v strew
Cigar butts littered the ground
- v make a place messy by strewing garbage around
- v give birth to a litter of animals
- s filled or scattered with a disorderly accumulation of objects or rubbish
the storm left the drivewaylittered with sticks nd debris
- His past was littered with women he had romanced and rejected, as well as with creditors still hoping to be paid for meals consumed and lodging used long ago.
- As we moved deeper into the cave, bear skulls and bones littered the ground; our lights revealed bear hollows, where they slept, and enormous paw prints.
- For more than a century the heart of the financial world was a physical place called Wall Street, where slips of paper littered the floors and shouted bids to buy and sell filled .
News & Articles
- 'Ride of the Valkyries' rouses Caltech students for finals
In a long-standing ritual, residents at one of Caltech's dorms wake to Wagner's score during their stressful finals season. The courtyard at Blacker House at Caltech was quiet at 6:59 a.m. Wednesday, the empty concrete space littered with several splintered wooden pallets, three large tires, a crowbar and sledgehammer.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- AMS falls victim to zombie attack
HAMPTON — Life balloons littered the Atlanta Motor Speedway grounds Saturday morning as thousands of runners eventually succumbed to flesh-eating creatures during the Zombie 5K Run.
June 12, 2013 - Henry Daily Herald
- Nearly 400 rabbits found in feces riddled garage
Feces littered the walls and floors of a small garage on the city’s south side when Indianapolis Animal Care and Control arrived on the scene Tuesday. Officials found nearly 400 rabbits living in the deplorable conditions at a home in …
June 11, 2013 - FOX 59 Indianapolis
- Mick Cornett in SI.com
The history of sports is littered with franchises that intended to relocate, said they would relocate and for whatever reason didn't relocate,said Cornett, a former television sportscaster. "Things change. I don't anticipate anything...
- Kevin Keegan in Reuters.uk
The world is littered with people who deserve a second chance, got that chance and took it with both hands. I said I would stick by him and I intend to do that,Keegan said.
- Jens Stoltenberg in FOXNews
Thirty years later, after the Balkan wars of the 1990s, "the villages I remember from my childhood where children lived and played became littered with cluster munitions," Stoltenberg said.