- n a two-wheeled horse-drawn vehicle used to pull a field gun or caisson
- v attach the limber
limber a cannon
- v cause to become limber
The violist limbered her wrists before the concert
- s (used of e.g. personality traits) readily adaptable
a limber imagination
- s (used of artifacts) easily bent
- s (used of persons' bodies) capable of moving or bending freely
- First came Brain Age, a surprisingly enjoyable math-and-reading game that a Japanese doctor designed to keep your mind limber mental calisthenics.
- In sports where limber, prepubescent bodies can outmaneuver more mature athletes, kids can be designated as older than they are.
- Updike, modern American literature's smoothest and most limber stylist, chose an unlikely soul for his great fictional hero: Harry "Rabbit" Angstrom, an ignorant, philandering 20 .
News & Articles
- Man wants to create arcade paradise
Limber up those flipper fingers, pinball wizards! A new attraction coming to Allentown will be a feast for your senses. "Well it becomes an illness, I can tell you that," laughed Joseph Shiller. The Bethlehem man is not satisfied with just collecting arcade games. "About five years ago I saw an advertisement on criagslist for a pinball machine," explained Shiller. "And it just took off from ...
June 20, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Randle P. McMurphy takes over at Lakewood's Edge Theatre
“Wire, briar, limber, lock
June 20, 2013 - Elbert County News
- Naked BART Man Pleads Not Guilty, Thought He Was Acting In A Play
After his arrest on Monday , notoriously limber BART station acrobat Yeiner Perez Garizabalo, 24, appeared in court Tuesday afternoon to be arraigned on two felony counts of false imprisonment, four misdemeanor counts of battery on public transportation and one misdemeanor count of sexual battery. Through his public defender, Perez pled not guilty on all charges. According to fellow members of ...
June 19, 2013 - SFist
- Isabelle Delobel in International Herald Tribune
It's a pretty dance, very limber, very fluid,Delobel said. "It's very easy and doesn't wear you out. It's really a great pleasure."
- Seann William Scott in INDYchannel.com
I don't know if I'm going to have to start doing yoga or something, but I banged up my shins pretty good,Scott said. "The guys must have been pretty limber in the original TV show."
- John Calipari in ESPN
Tyreke did some good stuff when he drove the ball,Calipari said. "He got to the foul line. He's strong and limber and he moves. He did some good stuff, but he's got a long way to go."