- s giving or having the power to give life and spirit
returning the life-giving humus to the land"- Louis Bromfield
life-giving love and praise
- After dabbling with Marxism, he began theorizing about a universal life-giving "orgone energy"--which, he said, was expressed through neurosis-free orgasms.
- As applause cascaded over him, he visibly inhaled it like life-giving oxygen, which it was to him.
- It could be a scene from Pulp Fiction - but the life-giving jab of Narcan never comes.
News & Articles
- Farmer: A different kind of 'power plant'
Throughout history, many cultures have worshiped the sun for its life-giving powers. In reality, it's not the sun itself, but rather the plants that have learned to harvest that all powerful sunshine, to whom we should bow on bended knees.
June 8, 2013 - Athens Banner-Herald
- James Hal Cone in Kansas City Star
To show there is an independent form of thinking there about religion that stands on its own, that's really more life-giving than what you get from Europe,Cone said. "Black people who come from that approach have a very healthy...
- Julie Taymor in Greater Tulsa Reporter Newspapers
As Taymor explains, "When the human spirit visibly animates an object, we experience a special, almost life-giving connection. We become engaged by both the method of storytelling as well as the story itself."