- n a person holding a fief; a person who owes allegiance and service to a feudal lord
- n a feudal lord entitled to allegiance and service
- n city in eastern Belgium; largest French-speaking city in Belgium
- s owing or owed feudal allegiance and service
one's liege lord
a liege subject
- He seems the perfect Duke of Kent, who was King Lear's bluff, loyal, sane liege man and exec.
- The liege lord of all the King ranches and all the King ranchers was winding up the great fall roundup on his many pastures.
News & Articles
- Suite Foods Waffle Shop Moves Into 331 Cortland
American Idol is hemorrhaging celeb judges, but 331 Cortland never fails to land a hot new tenant. Now that Bernal Cutlery's vacated for sharper pastures, the business incubator space in Bernal Heights has a new occupant: Suite Foods Waffle Shop, whose Liege-style (read: Belgian) w...
June 11, 2013 - SF Weekly
- Vet helped keep enemy at bay
WARREN - The nighttime winter skies over Liege, Belgium, had a bright red hue and reverberated with multiple explosions as forces from the 82nd and the 101st Airborne Divisions battled Nazi forces during the Battle of the Bulge.
June 10, 2013 - Tribune Chronicle
- Rafael Benitez in Kidderminster Shuttle
He has been playing some games in pain, not being 100% fit and we decided that this was the best moment for the operation,Benitez added. "He had a problem for the first game with Liege, and also when he went away to play for England in...
- Lance Armstrong in The Associated Press
These hills around here and the Ardennes are legendary, it's part of cycling,Armstrong said. "Liege-Bastogne-Liege (one-day classic race) has been around for a hundred years and they do that on the snow. That's bad luck. For whatever...
- Tim Cahill in Telegraph.co.uk
I'm delighted but really I am just glad to be a part of the squad again,Cahill said. "I didn't expect to play. All I did was keep myself fit and work really hard in training. Standard Liege are a very good team but we are doing our...