liberian : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a native or inhabitant of Liberia
- a of or relating to Liberia or its people
News & Articles
- Sample The Flavors Of Sri Lanka, Mexico And Liberia At Staten Island's "Ethnic Foodways" Project
Sample Sri Lankan, Mexican and Liberian flavors at Ethnic Foodways , a series of food demonstrations happening at Staten Island greenmarkets over three Saturdays this summer. The Folklife branch of the Staten Island Arts —the organization behind the wonderful LUMEN performance festival—organized the demonstrations as a way to highlight the vibrant ethnic communities on Staten Island by way of ...
June 26, 2013 - Gothamist
- African football legends play for peace in Liberia
Liberian football great George Weah has been joined by legends of the game from across Africa to promote reconciliation in his homeland more than a decade after civil wars which killed 250,000 people.
June 24, 2013 - Fox News
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf in Forbes
Don't forget that our war was regional, you know, so if you get charged in Sierra Leone, chances are the war was part of the same Liberian war,Sirleaf said in an interview at her office in the capital, Monrovia.
- Condoleezza Rice in Boston Globe (registration)
He "is through raping and pillaging this country, and the Liberian people are trying to look forward," Rice told reporters on a flight to Monrovia.
- Ellen Margrethe LÃ¸j in AllAfrica.com
I am delighted to be in Liberia to start my work. A lot has been achieved since the war ended but we still have a lot to offer the Liberian people,Ms. LÃ¸j said soon on arrival. "I look forward to working effectively with everyone in the...