- n a chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints)
- a (comparative of `little' usually used with mass nouns) a quantifier meaning not as great in amount or degree
of less importance
less time to spend with the family
a shower uses less water
less than three years old
- s (usually preceded by `no') lower in quality
no less than perfect
- s (nonstandard in some uses but often idiomatic with measure phrases) fewer
less than three weeks
no less than 50 people attended
in 25 words or less
- r used to form the comparative of some adjectives and adverbs
- r comparative of little
she walks less than she should
he works less these days
- More guns, less crime? A debate.
- A new study suggests that the common weight-loss surgery leads to less weight loss in patients with diabetes.
- As people consume less fuel in America, vehicle emissions should drop.
News & Articles
- Stanley Cup champ Blackhawks trade Bolland, Frolik
Less than a week after scoring the winning goal in Chicago's Stanley Cup-clinching game against the Boston Bruins, Dave Bolland was traded on Sunday from the Blackhawks to the Toronto Maple Leafs.
July 1, 2013 - The SportsXchange via Yahoo! Sports
- Euro-Area Manufacturing Output Contracts Less Than Estimated
Euro-area manufacturing output contracted less than initially estimated in June, adding to signs the currency bloc’s economy is beginning to emerge from a record-long recession.
July 1, 2013 - Bloomberg
- PHT: Leafs get Bolland from Hawks for 3 picks
Less than a week after scoring the Stanley Cup-winning goal, Dave Bolland is on the move. The Chicago center is on his way to Toronto after a draft-day trade — the Leafs gave the ‘Hawks their 51st and 117th overall selections from this year’s draft, and a fourth-rounder at the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
July 1, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Barack Obama in Xinhua
It's hard to understand how derivative traders at AIG warranted any bonuses, much less 165 million dollars in extra pay,Obama said at the outset of an appearance to announce a plan to boost small businesses loans.
- David Cameron in The Guardian
David Cameron described the announcement as "desperately sad news". "Of course, the 300th death is no more or less tragic than the 299 that came before. But it's a moment for the whole country to reflect on the incredible service and...
- Jeff Sessions in Toronto Sun
Ms. Kagan has less real legal experience of any nominee in at least 50 years. It's not just that she has never been a judge,said Senator Jeff Sessions, the panel's top Republican. "She has barely practiced law, and not with the intensity...