- s tolerant or lenient
- s not strict
- s characterized by tolerance and mercy
- In a week when legislators are focused on the question of who else might be brought down by ex-lobbyist Jack Abramoffs cooperation with prosecutors as he seeks lenient .
- The Plan of Return also represents a sea change in the Spanish government's once famously lenient immigration policies.
- But professional opinion is growing more lenient as increasing numbers of surgeons in various countries are experimenting with these methods.
News & Articles
- Jesse Jackson Jr. lawyers link crime to disorder
WASHINGTON — Lawyers for Jesse Jackson Jr., in asking a judge for a lenient sentence, are arguing that his lavish spending sprees — paid for by money looted from his campaign fund — were tied to his bipolar disorder. The attorneys also are pleading for a shorter sentence by arguing that Jesse Jackson Jr. will “unlikely” be able to relate to a prison psychiatrist and as a consequence, his mental ...
June 15, 2013 - Chicago Sun-Times
- Government seeking to lower drunk driving BAC
Is a .08 blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level too lenient for drivers who have been drinking? The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) thinks so and proposed last month that the federal government lower the BAC level to .05 for every state in America.
June 14, 2013 - Tri-County Times
- Victim's family frustrated with killer texter after numerous probation violations
A teenager who received a lenient sentence for a deadly texting and driving crash could be headed to prison for violating her probation over and over again.
June 13, 2013 - FOX 12 Oregon
- Benjamin Franklin in Forbes
To say that when someone takes a harsh stance and then turns around and commits a crime they should be given lenient punishment, that's the height of hypocrisy,Franklin told Fuller.
- Inzamam ul-Haq in CricInfo.com
Speaking to the Urdu daily Jang, Inzamam said, "I was blamed for being very lenient during my whole captaincy career and now I am turned into a dictator. That could only be accepted if players had complained that I acted like one. This is nothing...
- Silvio Berlusconi in Forbes
She has been and is a wonderful mother. She has never embarrassed me, never,Berlusconi said. "And she is so lenient. ...... What more could I want?"