legato : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a (music) without breaks between notes; smooth and connected
a legato passage
- r connecting the notes; in music
play this legato, please
- Merci pour le Chocolat occasionally succumbs to Mika's legato rhythms, but it is more often a sly, subtle comedy about the oh-so-gentle art of murder.
- Though Mimes' baritone is too dramatic for a legato line, his declamations are thrilling.
- He descends from a long line of Viennese-school conductors (Gustav Mahler, Felix Weingartner and Bruno Wal ter), and in his singing, legato style, he is one of the world's most .
- Maria Schneider in Minneapolis Star Tribune
For so long I have tried to make my band sound like an orchestra, using mutes and combinations of woodwinds and an accordion, and having them play soft and legato,Schneider said. "And now that I have an orchestra, with the strings, the...