- n a person who belongs to the political left
- s believing in or supporting tenets of the political left
- But to victims of leftist terror in Italy, it was a case of justice proffered and then dashed.
- The crypto-leftist tries to bring people under control of the system because he is a True Believer in a collectivistic ideology.
- A leftist candidate in Latin America loses, for a change, but only by the narrowest of margins.
News & Articles
- Brazil offers new credit line as Rousseff pushes positive agenda
By Carl Patchen BRASILIA (Reuters) - Brazil will hand out 17 billion reais ($8 billion) in cheap loans for home appliance purchases, the government said on Wednesday, in a move to bolster Brazilians' buying power as a lackluster economy and high inflation erode its approval rating. President Dilma Rousseff, a leftist economist who plans to run for re-election next year, saw her high popularity ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- DAVID LIMBAUGH
Just try to wrap your arms around the magnitude of defiance and chutzpah that led to and accompanied President Obama’s appointment of the discredited Susan Rice as national security adviser. But don’t let this outrage distract you from his equally disturbing appointment of leftist Samantha Power to replace Rice as UN ambassador. read more
June 10, 2013 - Gaffney Ledger
- France to shut far-right group after student death
PARIS (Reuters) - France will shut down a fringe far-right youth group after the killing of a leftist student in Paris this week, France's prime minister said on Saturday, reiterating his promise to crack down on fascist groups. The death of 19-year-old Clement Meric in a clash between ultra-right and far-left youths on Wednesday follows months of street violence from far-right groups over the ...
June 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Alvaro Uribe in Washington Post
It's what we encountered. We are dismantling what we encountered. This was a country defeated by paramilitarism and (leftist) rebels,Uribe said.
- Geert Wilders in The Guardian
Wilders last night claimed a massive victory, predicting: "We are going to conquer the entire country : We are going to be the biggest party in the country. The leftist elite still believes in multiculturalism, coddling criminals, a European...
- Amos Oz in guardian.co.uk
I hope the expanded leftist movement will become a replacement for the Labour party. The Labour party has finished its historic role, it isn't putting forward a national agenda and it joins any coalition,Oz told the Haaretz newspaper.