leafless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- These sit in backyards for so long that people take to decorating them and using them as kennels or toolsheds (one illustration shows them as a bright garden of strange, leafless .
- The lus h landscape beckons with dense green lawns, leafless trees sprouting pink and white blossoms, and an elegant, old-style home nestled on each lot.
- It was a picture of a bleak, bare no man's land on which a solitary, leafless tree stood silhouetted.
- Robert Burns in Sydney Morning Herald
In contrast, "very narrow trees with leafless branches often appear in the drawings of the frail elderly, indicating that their spirit, their will to live, may be waning," Burns says.
- Christo and Jeanne-Claude in Sydney Morning Herald
We have chosen February, when the trees are leafless, so that from far, far away you can see,Jeanne-Claude, said.