- n Australian tennis player who in 1962 was the second man to win the Australian and French and English and United States singles titles in the same year; in 1969 he repeated this feat (born in 1938)
- n (Old Testament) large basin used by a priest in an ancient Jewish temple to perform ritual ablutions
- n edible red seaweeds
- n seaweed with edible translucent crinkly green fronds
News & Articles
- Rafael Nadal Will Be Greatest French Open Player Ever With Win over David Ferrer
The list of men who have etched their name in the history books by winning the French Open is a long and winding one that includes Bj ö rn Borg, Rod Laver , Frenchman Yannick Noah, Mats Wilander , Ivan Lendl , Andre Agassi and others with multiple Grand Slam wins at Roland Garros . Should seven-time French Open champion Rafael Nadal complete his eighth career Grand Slam victory in Paris on ...
June 9, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Limerick Laver Road bike path protested at meeting
LIMERICK - Residents concerned with possible plans to put signage for a bicycle trail on Laver Road and nearby areas packed a Limerick Board of Supervisors meeting for a hearing to approve a new official township map. The map was set to include provisions for a trails and greenways plan that require the implementation of trails by developers if they came in along designated areas in the township ...
June 6, 2013 - The Mercury
- Rafael Nadal in Sports Network
To receive this trophy from Rod Laver is a dream for me,Nadal added.
- Roger Federer in 940 News
It's great to be on top of the game for so long and be compared to the greats like Rod Laver and Sampras,Federer said.
- Lucie Safarova in Reuters.uk
It's amazing I still can't believe it. I'm so happy, it's incredible,a stunned Safarova told the crowd. "It's the first time I'm playing on Rod Laver Arena and in the morning I thought wow this is a big court."