- n the collection of rules imposed by authority
civilization presupposes respect for the law
- n legal document setting forth rules governing a particular kind of activity
there is a law against kidnapping
- n a rule or body of rules of conduct inherent in human nature and essential to or binding upon human society
- n a generalization that describes recurring facts or events in nature
the laws of thermodynamics
- n the branch of philosophy concerned with the law and the principles that lead courts to make the decisions they do
- n the learned profession that is mastered by graduate study in a law school and that is responsible for the judicial system
he studied law at Yale
- n the force of policemen and officers
the law came looking for him
- In the late autumn of 1886, four Harvard law students who believed that the Law School had "a message for the professional world" met to map strategy for a new venture: a law.
- There are the beginnings here of a possible pattern in Cheney's thoughts--the suggestion that violations of law in the service of a greater national good are forgivable.
- After the law came into effect over the summer, several media outlets and journalists filed legal protests, including the radio station Ekho Moskvy and a Kaliningrad reporter whose .
- Edward Kennedy in Christian Science Monitor
I strongly support the law and the principle that the people should elect their Senator,Kennedy wrote in a letter to Gov. Deval Patrick, Senate President Therese Murray, and Speaker of the House Robert DeLeo. "I also believe it is vital...
- Lindsay Lohan in Washington Post
It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs,Lohan said in a statement. "I broke the law and today I took responsibility by pleading guilty to the charges in my case."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in FOXNews
Moments later, Clinton said that she was fighting against misguided Republican policies "when you were practicing law and representing your contributor : in his slum landlord business in inner city Chicago."