lava : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos; lava is what magma is called when it reaches the surface
- She scooped up blood-red lava from the great holes of Mauna Loa, Kilauea, Hualalai, and poured it steaming across the island of Hawaii.
- The strategy: to redirect the lava from its southward path into a wide hollow, away from inhabited areas.
- The lava did stop just 210 m short of the water.
News & Articles
- Ed Anderson's 'Tee to Green': Perez crowned Lava Creek club champion
Adam Perez shot a gross score of 74 to claim the Lava Creek Men's Club Championship. John Blackburn had an incredible net score of 55 (13 under par) to win the net title.
June 11, 2013 - Chico Enterprise-Record
- Funding for fight
ONTARIO — Seven-year-old Wilm’s cancer survivor Charlie Barrett says he wants to kick cancer to the center of the earth where all the hot lava is. Judging by the cheers that erupted when he said so, h
June 9, 2013 - Argus Observer
- LAVA at the Brooklyn Academy of Music
In Sarah East Johnson’s latest works for her LAVA dance and acrobatic troupe, she shows a dreamier aesthetic.
June 7, 2013 - New York Times
- Conan O Brien in ABC News
I knew it was official this morning when NBC dropped off all my CDs and picked up its lava lamp,O'Brien joked on the show Thursday night.
- Steve Squyres in Xinhua
When basalt erupts, it often does so as very fluid lava, rather than erupting explosively,said Steve Squyres, the principal investigator for the rovers' science instruments. "One way for basaltic lava to cause an explosion is for it to...
- Clint Hurdle in ESPN
As I've said before, he's more like a lava lamp, but this had some significant meaning to him,Hurdle said.