latter : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the second of two or the second mentioned of two
Tom and Dick were both heroes but only the latter is remembered today
- a referring to the second of two things or persons mentioned (or the last one or ones of several)
in the latter case
- Lee now basks in the wisdom of seniority, a latter-day Doge whose views continue to be sought by statesmen and commentators who travel from all over the world to pay court to him .
- The first would make me a Nephite, the latter a Lamanite, in Mormon-speak, and you're very much supposed to prefer the former to the latter (if, contrary to the dyadic quality of .
- Born in Cambridge, England, in 1883, the year Karl Marx died, Keynes probably saved capitalism from itself and surely kept latter-day Marxists at bay.
News & Articles
- Honduras trip a lesson in faith
I challenged the Community CRC church family during a Sunday morning worship service in the summer of 2011: "We are partnering locally with Latter Rain Ministries (pastored by Bishop Reginald Blackmon) to share the gospel in Fort Wayne. Why don't we partner with a church in El Potrero, Honduras, to share the gospel of Jesus Christ globally.
June 15, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Eurovision's Young Dancers Push Combined 4K/3D Camera Technology
Tonight's broadcast of the Eurovision Young Dancers contest from Poland might not have been as big a ratings winner as its cousin, the Eurovision Song Contest (the latter reaching a peak of 170 million viewers last month), but EYD continues to promote one of the goals of the Eurovision project - to act as a test-bed of new broadcast technology - with a combined 4K and 3D camera.
June 14, 2013 - Forbes
- Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau after recent workout with Derrick Rose: ‘I think he’s there now’
Derrick Rose and the Bulls organization spent the latter part of the 2013 season tormenting the team’s fan base by teasing them with the possibility, however remote or slight, that he would return to action at some point to give a very gritty Chicago team a much-needed postseason push. It never materialized, of course, and…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProBasketballTalk