laterite : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a red soil produced by rock decay; contains insoluble deposits of ferric and aluminum oxides
- All around are lifeless things retaining walls of blotchy laterite, and sandstone temples that speak little of Angkor's former grandeur and its golden spires.
- The village was in the Northeast where the soil was principally laterite-based, that deep-red powdery earth which turns into something resembling bolognaise sauce during the rainy .
- In recent months its roads have been paved with crushed stone or topped with pressed laterite.
- Bill Fisher in Canada NewsWire (press release)
Early results from our exploration program have demonstrated nickel laterite mineralization in three widely spaced locations over a 43 kilometre strike length, commented Bill Fisher, GlobeStar's CEO, "Our ongoing program of mapping, pitting...