lathe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n machine tool for shaping metal or wood; the workpiece turns about a horizontal axis against a fixed tool
- Operating lathes and lasers, they slice, polish and facet the cloudy crystals into sparkling gems, churning out about $150 million worth each year.
- On the floor of the Chicago Amphitheater one night last week, a machinist pushed a button on a large lathe, then stood back, hands in pockets.
- In George's meticulously kept garage-workshop they found a lathe.
News & Articles
- Complaint: Burglar left big clue at crime scene
Bags of evidence were left behind at the burglary scene. Between the debris of lathe and plaster, materials used before drywall was invented, was a single piece of mail dated June 24, 2009.
June 8, 2013 - The Chippewa Herald
- Don’t doubt the trout
As I walked in to Scott Souder’s workshop off County Road 440 last week, he was painstakingly shaving down a piece of copper on a lathe. As he has done for the last 30 years, Scott was in the process of rebuilding an alternator; this was destined for a 20-year-old Mazda pickup.
June 8, 2013 - Grand Rapids Herald-Review