- s lacking spirit or liveliness
a hot languorous afternoon
- Married women prefer his listening skills and languorous back rubs.
- Everywhere, Rickson throws in unnecessary filigree extra pauses, characters wandering onto the stage unbidden to emphasize the languorous, depressive mood; if I didn't know .
- CHAD MEREDITH HURLEY has the lanky and languorous carriage of a teenager who just rolled out of bed.
News & Articles
- Earth Core Probe As Controlled 'China Syndrome'
Visions of languorous Jules Verne-like journeys to inner earth have long been relegated to science fiction fantasy. But that doesn’t mean that the idea of “in situ” access to earth’s upper mantle --- 50 to 100 kms below the surface --- has disappeared altogether.
July 31, 2013 - Forbes
- Tom Shales in San Francisco Chronicle
The New York Times' Ginia Bellafante slams "House of Payne" for its "narrative aimlessness and languorous pacing," while The Washington Post's Tom Shales writes, "Everything about it needs a little improvement - except for the things that...
- Frederick Lewis Allen in Christian Science Monitor
There was nothing languorous about the atmosphere of tropical Miami during that memorable summer and autumn of 1925,wrote Frederick Lewis Allen in 1931.
- Roger Ebert in Examiner.com
Chicago's own Roger Ebert, wrote in his Chicago Sun-Times blog "The movie contains violence and death, but not really very much. For most of its languorous running time, it listens to conversations between Bella and Edward, Bella and Jacob, Edward...