landmark : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the position of a prominent or well-known object in a particular landscape
the church steeple provided a convenient landmark
- n an event marking a unique or important historical change of course or one on which important developments depend
- n a mark showing the boundary of a piece of land
- n an anatomical structure used as a point of origin in locating other anatomical structures (as in surgery) or as point from which measurements can be taken
- The sun rose Wednesday over the absence of a national landmark, a smoldering ruin in lower Manhattan where the World Trade Center towers had stood.
- The July inflation report, released this morning, will likely go down as something of a landmark: the Consumer Price Index fell 2.
- After sweeping to power in Albany with a landmark victory he took office in January, 2007 by winning 69% of the vote he quickly engendered resentment for both his policies .
News & Articles
- Landmark Bank, N.A. Opens New Downtown Fort Lauderdale Branch
Following an extensive renovation, Landmark Bank has opened its second Broward County branch. The 2,500-square foot full-service location in downtown Fort Lauderdale at 707 SE Third Avenue features a spacious interior with teller windows, private offices, a conference room and safe deposit boxes, as well as two drive-thru teller lanes, ATM and night drop depository.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Justice Department reaches landmark ADA settlement with RI, Providence
Justice Department reaches landmark ADA settlement with RI, Providence
June 13, 2013 - The Providence Journal
- Landmark Lofts development plan approved by City Council
Hilliard City Council on June 10 voted 5-1 to approve an amended development plan for Landmark Lofts, but some residents still oppose the mixed-use residential and retail development at Cemetery Road and Franklin Street.
June 12, 2013 - This Week Hilliard
- Martha Coakley in Los Angeles Times
Today's landmark decision is an important step toward achieving equality for all married couples in Massachusetts and assuring that all of our citizens enjoy the same rights and protections under our Constitution,Coakley said. "It is...
- Max Baucus in CBS News
He added, "Despite the recess appointment, I look forward to working with CMS as they implement health reform to deliver the better health care outcomes and lower costs for patients we fought to pass in the landmark health reform law."
- Barack Obama in Voice of America
In a historic vote that took place this morning members of the Senate joined their colleagues in the House of Representatives to pass a landmark health-insurance reform package,President Obama said.