- s surrounded entirely or almost entirely by land
a landlocked country
- In this subsistence maize-growing region of a poor, landlocked country in southern Africa, families cling to life on an unforgiving terrain.
- Premiers do not thrive in Burundi, a small, landlocked central African nation of 2,750,000.
- Obama's tale of his lineage begins in Kansas: "the dab-smack, landlocked center of the country, a place where decency and endurance and the pioneer spirit were joined at the hip .
News & Articles
- New showdown looms as Sudan threatens south's oil
JUBA, South Sudan, June 13 (UPI) -- Tension between Sudan and South Sudan, which separated two years ago, are rising again with threats by the Khartoum regime to block the landlocked south's oil exports to the Red Sea.
June 13, 2013 - UPI
- Lighthouse needs to be relit
The iconic Cape Neddick "Nubble" Lighthouse, often touted to be the most photographed lighthouse in the Pine Tree State, has left those landlocked in York, Maine, in the dark for months now, with power being cut to the island where it sits. The U.S.
June 12, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- Rwanda signs 4G internet deal with South Korea's KT Corp
By Jenny Clover KIGALI (Reuters) - Rwanda on Monday signed a deal with South Korea's largest telecoms provider KT Corp to roll out high-speed 4G Internet to most of its citizens within three years. Rwanda, a landlocked central African state and one of Africa's fastest growing economies,, has laid more than 3,000km of fiber-optic cable since 2009 in a bid to develop a service based economy and ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News