lander : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a town in central Wyoming
- n a space vehicle that is designed to land on the moon or another planet
- NASA's Phoenix lander is set to touch down in the Martian Arctic on Sunday, where it will start chewing through the permafrost in search of life.
- Early pictures revealed that one of the airbags that cushioned the craft during its descent had bunched up in a way that hindered the rover from leaving the lander.
- Though the Viking 1 lander has yet to discover the organic compounds that would enable scientists to say with any confidence that there is life out there, it has sent back .
News & Articles
- Gloucester Police/Fire: Man arrested on warrant
Glenn Lander, 59, was arrested by police on a warrant at his Western Avenue home Tuesday about 11:59 a.m. Lander was immediately placed in the court's custody. Police received two reports of stolen vehicles Tuesday; one vehicle has been recovered, t
June 20, 2013 - Gloucester Daily Times
- Lady Jets’ Portia McCray signs with Lander University
South Georgia Technical College Lady Jets sophomore guard Portia McCrary has signed a letter of intent to play basketball with Lander University, a small public university located in Greenwood, South Carolina, for the 2013–2014 season. Lander University plays in the Peach Belt Conference.
June 18, 2013 - Americus Times-Recorder
- Four LPD Marijuana Arrests
(Lander) — Lander Police issued citations to four people Saturday night who are accused of being in possession of a controlled substance, marijuana. Possession citations were issued to 22-year-old Robert Patton and 19-year-old ...
June 18, 2013 - Riverton Radio
- Scott Horowitz in Washington Post
The nickname I use for the lander is, it's a pickup truck,Horowitz said in a Monday news conference from Houston. "You can put whatever you want in the back. You can take it to wherever you want. So you can deliver cargo, crew, do it...