lancelike : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (of a leaf shape) shaped like a lance head; narrow and tapering to a pointed apex
- It is doubtful whether the engaging and lancelike humors of this piece will interest a great many people for a protracted period.
- The steel army rolled vast, powder-white and terrible to a railroad crossing with lancelike antennae uplifted and colored guidons fluttering in the sun.
- The New York World: "To read that 'Fifth Avenue stretched its lancelike length in mirrored sheen,' to read of a party that was 'a modernized version of a Bacchanalian revel with .
News & Articles
- Plants of Merit: Lucifer crocosmia
WHAT: This crocosmia called Lucifer is also referred to as montbretia. It features brilliant red flowers that bloom at the top of lancelike leaves....
Aug. 7, 2013 - Everett Herald