lanai : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an island of central Hawaii; a pineapple-growing area
- n a veranda or roofed patio often furnished and used as a living room
- The property next door, a Balinese-style dwelling featuring 4,500 square feet of interior living space and a 1,750 square foot lanai is on the market for $8 million, according to .
- You can eat with it down on the beach or out on the lanai, and it's almost disposable.
- Manhattan's Raymond Loewy Associates had designed lanai (porch) suites with private sundecks and air-conditioned cabins that were combination living and bedrooms.
News & Articles
- Murdock offers $645M for Dole
Less than a year after he sold the island of Lanai, David Murdock is taking Dole Food Co. private again. The 90-year-old billionaire surprised Wall Street by offering $645 million to buy the 60 percent
June 12, 2013 - Hawaii News Now
- CTC students graduate
Springfield-Clark Career Technology Center’s 2013 graduates included: Cosmetology Tabitha Marie Gitzinger, Sunny James Harris, Chelsea Lanai Henry, Jenna Amelia Hildenbrand, Courtney Mychelle Kelly, Lacey Ann Lannom, Sara Anne McKay, Jenelle Renee Newport, Kaitlyn F. Ponder, Sydney Rucker, Michaela SuAnn Smith, Hana Nichole White, Hillary Brooke Williams, Cassidy Jillian Zeigler, Samantha J ...
June 10, 2013 - Springfield News-Sun
- Free eye, dental care draws hundreds on Maui, Lanai
An offer of free health and dental care attracted more than 500 people to clinics on Maui and Lanai Wednesday.
June 6, 2013 - Hawaii News Now
- David Murdock in Maui News
Castle & Cooke is uniquely positioned on Lanai to move forward to quickly meet - and exceed - the state's mandate of 20 percent sustainability by 2020,said Murdock.