- n surgical removal of the bony arches on one or more vertebrae
- Another advantage: a laminectomy can cost $9,000, compared with an expected $4,000 for chemonucleolysis.
- Despite its high marks, the new operation can be less successful than a laminectomy and is not for everyone.
- Urged by one physician to have a laminectomy, a New Jersey man received this second opinion from an orthopedist friend: "I do the best laminectomy of anybody I know, and if I were .
News & Articles
- A.J. Foyt is recovering from hip replacement surgery in Houston
HOUSTON July 2, 2013—IndyCar Racing team owner A.J. Foyt, who has not been to a race since the Ft. Worth event on June 8th, underwent successful hip replacement surgery on his left hip yesterday in a Houston hospital and is expected to make a full recovery. Foyt had been battling pain in his left leg for most of the year. In April, he underwent a laminectomy in the lumbar region of ... Keep ...
July 3, 2013 - Motorsport.com
- John Castino in Chicago Tribune
His is a disc thing,Castino said. "Those are easier to deal with. Fusions are much more serious. If you get a laminectomy (the type of procedure Crede underwent), it doesn't take away any flexibility or mobility from your spine. If you...