- v cut or tear irregularly
- v deeply hurt the feelings of; distress
- s irregularly slashed and jagged as if torn
- s having edges that are jagged from injury
- Why, for example, did Sylvia not escape from the Baniszewski house, where police found her lacerated body last October? From the testimony, she emerged as a simple, stoic girl who .
- That Was the Week That Was, fondly known as TW3, lampooned and lacerated the Establishment, pooh-poohed every fat-cat institution from advertising to Buckingham Palaceand .
- His passage leaves a boiling wake of lacerated egos, but it also leaves a feeling, even among the lacerated, that something special has happened.
News & Articles
- Police: Three Children Struck By SUV In Huntington Station
A 3-year-old girl suffered a lacerated finger, an 11-year-old girl suffered a minor head injury, and 6-year-old boy was hospitalized with a serious head injury, authorities said.
June 23, 2013 - CBS New York
- NYPD K9 Dog's Teeth Broken By Brawling Subway Passenger
Yesterday morning, a member of the NYPD Transit Bureau's K9 team was injured while helping his human partner respond to a subway brawl on a subway platform. Bear was kicked in the mouth by a 22-year-old woman—four of the German shepherd's teeth were damaged and his tongue was lacerated. [ more › ]
June 19, 2013 - Gothamist
- JPSO: 13-year-old Terrytown boy booked with murder of his 5-year-old sister
The Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office has arrested a 13-year-old Terrytown boy and booked him with the murder of his 5-year-old sister. Devalon Armstrong inflicted several injuries upon the girl -- including broken ribs, internal bleeding and a lacerated liver --...
June 18, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Nigel Lythgoe in FOXNews
The results of Alex's MRI came in late last night,executive producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe said at the end of the show. "Alex has suffered a lacerated Achilles tendon."
- Brendan Shanahan in Vancouver Sun
Asked where he would draw the line on playing through pain, veteran Brendan Shanahan said, "I would say a lacerated spleen is where you draw the line. So you sit the next one out. But if (the series) goes seven . . . Sean gets a lot of attention for...
- John Howard in NEWS.com.au
Over the last day and a half I have been attacked and lacerated by the Opposition for expressing my view, but the leader of the Opposition does not have the guts to express his,Mr Howard said.