labourer : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who works with their hands; someone engaged in manual labor
- Has been a sheep farmer, dock labourer, navvy, railway man, draper, journalist, lawyer (of a sort); and all the time a poacher.
- The end we work for must be closer: the labourer's wage, the pleasure in the work done, the summer lightning of personal happiness.
News & Articles
- Chin migrants face bleak prospects in India
Before a car accident injured him, 45-year-old Vanlathanga worked as a labourer cutting timber in the mountains of northeast India's Mizoram State. Like many migrants from neighbouring Myanmar, he had left the grinding poverty of his village in Chin State and crossed the border to India, attracted by the prospect of earning some money.
Jan. 6, 2014 - IRIN
- Brinda Karat in Press Trust of India
UPA government at the Centre is adopting anti-labourer policy and promoting multi-national companies giving rise to unemployment and workers problems,Karat told an election rally at Satpur near here last night.
- Pope Benedict XVI in The South African Star
Appearing on the balcony of St Peter's basilica to a huge ovation after his election, the new Pope Benedict XVI said he was "a simple and humble labourer in the vineyard of the Lord".
- Alan Borovoy in Macleans.ca
The movie is based on the real life story of an Andhra farm labourer who gets involved with a Naxalite group. It's always harder to do justice to a true story. Add the difficult terrain, the script and the impressive star cast - Naseeruddin Shah,... Shetty http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shetty&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF4b9e9uhHDnvQO4DF4qUQ0dwx-lg Deccan Chronicle http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/all-set-woo-bollywood-buffs-484&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFhnoQXIyFXx_Y05Z11S6tby3qLjw Jul 8, 2010
56531 74732 labouring As Alan Borovoy, general counsel for the Canadian Civil Liberties Association, argued recently, during the years when my colleagues and I were labouring to create such commissions, we never imagined that they might ultimately be used against...