korea : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an Asian peninsula (off Manchuria) separating the Yellow Sea and the Sea of Japan; the Korean name is Dae-Han-Min-Gook or Han-Gook
News & Articles
- North Korea proposes high-level talks with US
PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea's top governing body on Sunday proposed high-level nuclear and security talks with the United States in an appeal sent just days after calling off talks with rival South Korea.
June 16, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- N. Korea proposes ‘senior-level’ talks with U.S.
N. Korea proposes high-level talks with U.S. on regional tensions, mutual denuclearization
June 16, 2013 - Washington Post
- North Korea wants to hold high-level talks with U.S.
North Korea today offered high-level talks with the United States to ease tensions on the Korean peninsula, only days after it canceled planned official talks with South Korea.
June 16, 2013 - Chicago Tribune
- Lee Myung-bak in Telegraph.co.uk
Now things are different. North Korea will pay a price corresponding to its provocative acts,said President Lee.
- Barack Obama in BBC News
North Korea broke the rules once more by testing a rocket that could be used for a long-range missile,Mr Obama told a crowd in the Czech capital, Prague. "This provocation underscores the need for action - not just this afternoon at the UN...
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in Xinhua
There are other concerns that we and the international community have with North Korea, but those are separate and apart from what's happening to the two journalists,said Clinton.