kodiak : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an island off southern Alaska in the Gulf of Alaska; site of the first European settlement in the area which was founded by the Russians in 1784
- n brown bear of coastal Alaska and British Columbia
- One is Timothy Treadwell, the very engaging, and borderline bonkers, star of Grizzly Man, who lived among kodiak bears each fall in southern Alaska.
- He said I didn't have no sign of kodiak trouble around the heart or no coroner's trombone disease where the blood gets shut off in the artillery .
- Larry Csonka in Eagle Tribune
It was in 1962 (when I was 5), that I remember walking out of the grocery store, holding an outdoor life magazine,said Csonka. "There was a Kodiak bear on the cover. I was mesmerized. From that point forward, I promised myself I would go...
- Ted Stevens in SitNews
When it comes to qualifying for these loan programs, there should be no difference between the corn farmer in Iowa and the fisherman in Kodiak,said Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK), sponsor of the provision.