koan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a paradoxical anecdote or a riddle that has no solution; used in Zen Buddhism to show the inadequacy of logical reasoning
- Vonnegut is still more cult favorite than literary lion (and he probably prefers it that way), but he deserves full canonical marks for this kaleidoscopic koan of a novel about .
- His Zen koan, "We are the change we've been waiting for," may sound like New Age gibberish, but it's at the core of his agenda.
- He's crushing my Dorothy Parker-level quips, like "Beer summit koan: If you dispel low-income racial tension by removing alcohol, you dispel upper-income racial tension by adding .
News & Articles
- New Show Has Washington Artist Nancy Lasar at the Top of Her Game
I don’t mean to give you a Zen koan, but the work I did is the work I know, and the work I do is the work I don’t know. That’s why I can’t tell you. I don’t know what I’m doing. And it’s the not knowing that makes it interesting.”
June 9, 2013 - Litchfield County Times