koala : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with grey furry ears and coat; feeds on eucalyptus leaves and bark
- Australia's aborigines thought that koalas were reincarnations of their dead babies, never dreamed of harming them.
- What else could those words describe but the koala, Australia's informal mascot and the world's favorite marsupial.
- At picturesque horseshoe Bay on Magnetic Island, five miles (8 km) off the tropical northern coast of Queensland, Australia, a young koala scampers past astonished picnickers .
News & Articles
- Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" Music Video Teasers: Wet but Not So Wild
Miley Cyrus may be a self described "party animal," but if the previews for her next music video are any indication, that animal is maybe a koala bear or some other critter...
June 17, 2013 - E! Online
- KB208 Now Available at Babystations.com for Only $189.78
Babystations.com, best known for selling baby changing stations online, is now offering a huge price drop for the Koala Kare KB208. From the regular market price of $208.00, customers can now purchase their very own KB208 for only $189.78. (PRWeb June 16, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10805219.htm
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- Summer enrichment program
Did you know that the Koala Bear sleeps for 20 hours a day, and is not really a bear but a marsupial mammal? Or, that the adult human body contains approximately 100 trillion cells?
June 15, 2013 - Stratford Star
- Kevin Rudd in Times Online
It's tragic that Sam the koala is no longer with us,Mr Rudd said yesterday. "When I travelled to London for the G20 summit in early April, the symbol of hope for so many people around the world was the great picture of that wonderful koala...
- Jeremy Renner in MiamiHerald.com
Upon hearing the news, Renner said he "jumped into Anthony's arms and squeezed onto him like a koala in a tree" and felt like a "a kid at Christmas or going to Disneyland for the first time."
- Russell Crowe in Stuff.co.nz
Australian actor Russell Crowe says having long hair is like "walking around with a dead koala on your back".