kidney-shaped : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s (of a leaf or bean shape) resembling the shape of kidney
- Very much available, however, is the heated, kidney-shaped first-floor swimming pool (bathing suits, if desired, are supplied by the house).
- When it opens next week, it will offer road-worn motorists 200 air-conditioned rooms and super-suites (many with balconies and wood-burning fireplaces) and a kidney-shaped swimming .
- Scientists have recently discovered that it is in the center of a 120-mile-long, kidney-shaped area of land that rose as much as ten inches in the early 1960s.
News & Articles
- Greek-style baked lima beans
Serves 6 Limas, also known as butter beans, are an ancient legume named after the city of Lima, Peru. Select the extra-large and flat kidney-shaped limas to bake in a sauce made of tomatoes, vegetables, and herbs. Soak the beans overnight or use the quick-soak method (place beans and water in saucepan and bring to boil; turn off heat and ...
June 13, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Hans Enoksen in Canada.com
Speaking in Greenlandic, Enoksen said through an interpreter: "We traditionally have already named the island 'The Kidney-Shaped Island' - before it was named as it is now. So should anyone have any claims prior, they would have named it already...
- Anna Funder in Sydney Morning Herald
The day we got the keys we came over with some French architect friends,Funder says. "They looked at this kidney-shaped bench and they said (in their French accents), 'Oh it's all lovely but my God, Craig, what are you going to do with the...