khakis : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a military uniform made of khaki fabric
- n a sturdy twilled cloth of a yellowish brown color used especially for military uniforms
- You got your khakis there; your grandmother got her cardigans; Sharon Stone got her outfit for the Oscars.
- After dropping her off, Peterson writes, his colleague's khakis are "smeared with her blood like a painter's apron.
- It's not the number on the scale or the size of your khakis that will kill you, after all; it's the elevated blood pressure and cholesterol and other nasty problems that come with .
News & Articles
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Does Steve's New Suit Reveal A Plot Point?
by Brett White While Steve Rogers may have spent the last two weeks fighting the Winter Soldier in a nice pair of khakis and Nikes, a new movie means a new official look for Captain America. Comic Book Movie revealed his "Winter Soldier" suit yesterday via a piece of concept art, and it definitely looks [...]
June 11, 2013 - MTV
- Dan Bartlett in International Herald Tribune
I'll never forget going to work on a Saturday morning, getting called down to the Oval Office because there was something he was mad about,said Dan Bartlett, who was counselor to Bush. "I had on khakis and a buttoned-down shirt, and I had...
- Omar Abdullah in Hindu
Men in uniform or in khakis are bound to uphold the human rights of civilians. I can't expect this from the militants coming from across the border because they enter into the Valley with an aim of disruption,Omar told PTI when asked about...
- President Bush in SINDH TODAY
I had on khakis and a buttoned-down shirt, and I had to stand by the door and get chewed out for about 15 minutes. He wouldn't even let me cross the threshold,Bush said.