keynesianism : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the economic theories of John Maynard Keynes who advocated government monetary and fiscal programs intended to stimulate business activity and increase employment
News & Articles
- Guest Post: Paul Krugman The Marxist
Submitted by James E. Miller via The Ludwig von Mises Institute of Canada , Someone once wrote that criticizing economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman is the internet’s favorite pastime. I, too, have engaged in the sport – with no success of changing what Robert Higgs calls the “vulgar Keynesianism” that dirties the Grey Lady’s editorial page. To the betterment of my pride, nobody ...
June 25, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Peer Steinbrueck in Reuters
He singled out British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, saying, "The switch from decades of supply-side politics all the way to a crass Keynesianism is breathtaking."
- Dean Baker in Yahoo! News
As economist and Nation contributor Dean Baker said to me, "The problem was not that Keynesianism failed, it was that it was not pursued with enough vigor."
- Mark Weisbrot in CNNMoney.com
Friedman fought a counterrevolution in the 1950s against Keynesianism,said Weisbrot. "He succeeded in that policy moved to the right and the concerns of workers took a back seat compared to those of creditors and bankers."