kerosene : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a flammable hydrocarbon oil used as fuel in lamps and heaters
- Instead, he would need something with real propulsive oomph a liquid like kerosene or liquid hydrogen, mixed with liquid oxygen to allow combustion to take place in the airless .
- He read by kerosene lamp and showered by pouring a bucket of freezing water over his head.
- But he ran into a problem: unlike kerosene lamps, which can be hung over a table to spread central light, Bent's BOGOs couldn't illuminate an entire room.
News & Articles
- Kenya cuts price of petrol, diesel at the pump
NAIROBI (Reuters) - Kenya's energy regulator reduced retail fuel prices for petrol and diesel on Friday, mainly due to falling international oil prices and a stable exchange rate, while increasing the price of kerosene. Fuel prices have a big impact on the rate of inflation in the east African economy. The rate inched lower to 4.05 percent in May from 4.14 percent a month earlier. The economy ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Raymond house goes up in flames
A kerosene lamp was likely the cause of a fire that nearly destroyed a home in Raymond.
June 13, 2013 - CBS 58 Milwaukee
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights
Royals 3, Tigers 2: Jose Valverde was handed a 2-0 lead in the ninth with a runner on and promptly coughed it up by surrendering a homer to Lorenzo Cain. Phil Coke added his own brand of kerosene to the fire on the 10th as Eric Hosmer singled in the winning run. After the game…
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Jean-Louis Borloo in Reuters India
By now it would be beyond its kerosene reserves so unfortunately we must now envisage the most tragic scenario,said Jean-Louis Borloo, the second most senior figure in the cabinet.
- Willie Walsh in AFP
We believe it will lead to the production of a real sustainable alternative to jet kerosene,Walsh said in a company statement. "We are absolutely determined to reduce our impact on climate change and are proud to lead the way on aviation's...
- Sean Wilentz in Forbes
This was all necessary, considering the very high amount of subsidy that is implicit in the pricing structure of kerosene and LPG. We have taken due care to ensure that the poorer sections are affected to the least possible extent, and that is why,... Manmohan Singh http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manmohan_Singh&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6ZyRkwy1bOgMraS9dZn9q9TYvkg Sify http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sify.com/finance/decontrolling-of-fuel-prices-necessary-for-good-of-country-pm-news-economy-kg3mOdajgef.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG7Bo0RomE0C2MIpY8nQh5jdljang Jun 29, 2010
55575 73611 kerouac The rock 'n' roll generation sure picked up on Kerouac's book, but it was definitely not a rock 'n' roll book, and Jack was definitely not a rock 'n' roller," says Princeton University historian Sean Wilentz, who has written often about Dylan....