kelpie : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (Scottish folklore) water spirit in the form of a horse that likes to drown its riders
- n an Australian sheepdog with pointed ears
- With his kelpie-cross Boy at his side, the former sales rep for a building-products company whiles away the afternoons by the Manning River.
News & Articles
- Behold The 98-Foot-Tall Steel Horse Heads That Will Guard A Scottish Park
A pair of 300-ton sculptures will be among the largest public art installations in the U.K. Celtic mythology is packed with fantastical creatures, from pookas and brownies to banshees and leprechauns. But it’s the Kelpie--the water horse said to lure men and children into the lochs of Scotland and Ireland--that is immortalized in these stunning, 98-foot-tall steel sculptures. The twin monuments ...
July 4, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Greg Bear in Scoop.co.nz (press release)
Greg Bear, author of Darwin's Radio, says: "Primal Tears is primal storytelling, thoughtful and passionate. Kelpie Wilson wonderfully expands our definitions of human and family."