juvenile : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a young person, not fully developed
- a of or relating to or characteristic of or appropriate for children or young people
- s displaying or suggesting a lack of maturity
their behavior was juvenile
- PTI photographer Steve Liss travels to a juvenile detention center in Laredo, Texas, and meets with the children incarcerated inside.
- A new Canadian study adds to the evidence that punishing troubled teens within the juvenile-justice system exacerbates their bad behavior.
- If it's not the biggest scandal in American legal history, many are calling it at least the darkest day for the country's troubled juvenile-justice system.
News & Articles
- Juvenile walks into 'hail of bullets'
A juvenile walked into a “hail of bullets” on a street in Winton Hills according to Cincinnati police.
June 20, 2013 - WCPO Cincinnati
- Juvenile charged with five burglaries
A Harrisburg juvenile has been arrested and charged with five burglaries in the area of South Main Street and Robinson Street June 13.
June 20, 2013 - The Harrisburg Daily Register
- Juvenile allegedly raped in Clarksville's Summit Heights
A Clarksville juvenile told police Tuesday that she was raped at a Summit Heights residence after two men gave her a dizzying drink following this year's Rivers & Spires Festival, according to a police report.
June 19, 2013 - The Leaf Chronicle
- Mike Krzyzewski in CNN
It's very juvenile,Krzyzewski said when asked about it. "We have great kids. They go to school. They graduate. If we're going to be despised or hated because we go to school and we want to win, you know what? That's your problem."
- Trevor Phillips in ic Wales
It is proper that we acknowledge the overwhelming weight of international opinion against the juvenile death penalty, resting in large part on the understanding that the instability and emotional imbalance of young people may often be a factor in... Anthony Kennedy http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Kennedy&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGQbbuNSnLY4hujz2KnDgekj1y3kg San Diego Union Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/nation/20050301-1459-scotus-deathpenalty.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGKbw7W9Lb-6H8rsopQQcMSBpyyOg Mar 1, 2005
55216 73038 juvenile Mr Phillips told BBC1's Andrew Marr Show: I think it is an absolute disgrace. As a former president of the National Union of Students I'm ashamed that this has happened. This is not a question of freedom of speech, this is a juvenile provocation."