jitters : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n extreme nervousness
- n small rapid variations in a waveform resulting from fluctuations in the voltage supply or mechanical vibrations or other sources
- n a small irregular movement
- Last week, as World War II became a reeking reality, radio, the war correspondent, got the jitters.
- STRATEGY WAR GAMES Despite jitters, no one expects a Taiwan invasion scenario because Beijing might rue the outcome.
- Money jitters are back again.
News & Articles
- John Oliver Is Getting the Hang of 'The Daily Show' Desk
And in his third day at The Daily Show anchor's desk, John Oliver was unequivocally funny. Perhaps getting over some of the first and second night jitters, Oliver's third go around was old-school Daily Show style amusing. Though he at times still referenced Stewart's absence—"Hey, boss, yeah, the show's going OK, on the other hand I think the country might be completely falling apart"—he left ...
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Brian's Tuesday recap: Euro jitters, focus on 10Y, crude levels, yen on crack
Collective Intelligence! Roger_Volz (05:04) Turkey...jitters German court may overturn the promise by the European Central Bank to do "whatever it takes" to save the euro is being challenged ...
June 11, 2013 - MrTopStep.com via Yahoo! Finance
- Oil Market Gets Jitters on OPEC's Talk of Demand Risk
Oil Market Gets Jitters on OPEC's Talk of Demand Risk
June 11, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Andy Roddick in Forbes
I think I got a little first-round jitters,Roddick said. "I played better as the match went on. I hope I can get better in the second round."
- Bill Self in International Herald Tribune
I thought we'd have some first-game jitters,Kansas coach Bill Self said. "But all in all, I thought we played pretty well."
- Tracy McGrady in HoopsWorld
He's pretty good,agreed Tracy McGrady. "He has a tremendous upside in this league. He started off a little bit slow and maybe he had the jitters or whatever, but in the second half he showcased some skills. He is an athlete, and for a guy...