jezebel : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n wife of Ahab who was king of Israel; according to the Old Testament she was a cruel immoral queen who fostered the worship of Baal and tried to kill Elijah and other prophets of Israel (9th century BC)
- n a shameless impudent scheming woman
News & Articles
- Judi Dench Embroiders NSFW Gifts For Co-Stars
Dame Judi Dench is your new favorite celebrity, and it has nothing to do with her Oscar and Tony-winning performances. It has everything to do with her quirky hobby of carefully handcrafting embroidered gifts for her co-stars with NSFW sayings. According to Jezebel, Dame Judi Dench practices the somewhat-stereotypical hobby of needlework and often embroiders... Read more » Judi Dench Embroiders ...
June 18, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Sensitive Internet Forces VICE To Remove Suicide Spread
VICE is getting widely pilloried today for a fashion spread titled “Last Words,” which features models reenacting the suicides of female authors like Sylvia Plath, Virginia Woolf, and Elise Cowen. Refinery29 asked if it was: "Art, Offensive, Or Both?" The Observer called it "questionable." And Jezebel called it "breathtakingly tasteless," noting that "suicide is not a fashion statement." The ...
June 18, 2013 - Gothamist
- Jezebel I Got Drunk on All Kinds of Celebrity Liquor So You Don't Have To | io9 Everything You Know
Jezebel I Got Drunk on All Kinds of Celebrity Liquor So You Don't Have To | io9 Everything You Know About Jules Verne is Probably Wrong | Jalopnik Meet The Amateur Rapper Who Got Fired For Trying To Ruin New BMWs | Lifehacker Use Facebook's Mobile Site for a Faster, Battery-Friendly Facebook
June 17, 2013 - Jalopnik
- Jay Aston in Allentown Morning Call
Jay sees himself as "the singer who is a real contributor to the band" and his brother as "someone who was just part of the [Gene Loves Jezebel] image. : He looks like me, but he doesn't sing like me."
- Michael Savage in Media Matters for America
Savage added, "Jezebel is Olympia Snowe. Of course she has thrown over with the turncoats who have stabbed America in the back, dragging us into a socialized medical system against the will of the majority of the American people."
- Linda Hirshman in Feministe (blog)
In a paragraph I quoted above, Linda writes, "Given the high level of risk the Jezebel life involves, it is surprising that the offense that arouses the liberated Jezebels to real political fury is the suggestion that women like them might be made...