jaundiced : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v distort adversely
Jealousy had jaundiced his judgment
- v affect with, or as if with, jaundice
- s affected by jaundice which causes yellowing of skin etc
- s showing or affected by prejudice or envy or distaste
looked with a jaundiced eye on the growth of regimentation
takes a jaundiced view of societies and clubs
- For the as yet un-Gumped, here is a jaundiced synopsis: Forrest, a nice young man with an IQ of 75 and a freak talent as a runner, survives bullying in his small-minded hometown .
- Pearl's old boss scoffs at the idea he was working for anybody but his editors "Of all the reporters who worked in the Washington bureau he had the most jaundiced view of .
- Between swabbing a strep-ridden throat and assessing a jaundiced newborn, I was asked by my nurse how to counsel a parent who was upset by the sleeping habits of her six year old.
News & Articles
- Farewell to an environmental champion
Many folks view politicians with a jaundiced eye, and there's plenty of evidence to justify their cynicism. But that just was not the case with U.S. Sen. Frank Lautenberg, who passed away last week.
June 11, 2013 - Daily Journal
- California Woman Sues Costco, Berry Farm Over Hepatitis A
A California woman is suing Costco and an Oregon-based farm after she contracted hepatitis A from a frozen berry mix. Lynda Brackenridge began experiencing fatigue, chills, and aches on May 22, after she ate Townsend Farms’ Organic Antioxidant Blend berries. Her urine became dark and she became jaundiced. She also began vomiting and dry heaving. The [...] California Woman Sues Costco, Berry Farm ...
June 6, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Jearl Miles-Clark in Forbes
My immediate thought is that this is bad for athletes like myself, who are truly clean and run outstanding times,Miles-Clark said. "I feel that everyone will suspect us of cheating and look at us with a jaundiced eye."
- Kenneth Pollack in FOXNews
Everyone is looking at this with a very jaundiced eye because they have not seen the president in the region and nobody does believe that Bush is really committed certainly to the peace process,said Kenneth M. Pollack, a Brookings analyst and...
- Joe Roth in SportsBusiness Daily (subscription)
Roth said, "From an entertainment standpoint, we haven't made enough of an imprint in the national psyche. We're all jaundiced because we're in Seattle, where it's a big deal. But I don't think there will be a national outcry, like with the NFL, if...